Preparing For Brow Lift Plastic SurgeryApril 15, 2018
Preparing For Brow Lift Plastic Surgery
As part of the brow lift surgery preparation process, the surgeon will provide comprehensive pre-op instructions and information while understanding the patient’s medical history and conducting a health exam.
Standout, reliable, and board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie MD provides brow lift surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities in this area of SoCal.
Instructions for Preparation
Some pre-operative care instructions that the surgeon may suggest include:
- Quit smoking: If you are a smoker, your surgeon will advise you to stop smoking for at least four to six weeks before the surgery. Smoking compromises the recovery process and heightens the post-surgery risks.
- Limit alcohol: Your surgeon may recommend avoiding alcohol altogether or restricting its consumption.
- Avoiding certain drugs: If you take anti-inflammatory or blood thinning drugs, your surgeon may advise you to stop using these medications for some time before the surgery. These drugs can lead to an increase in bleeding.
- Hydration: Staying hydrated is essential regardless of the surgical procedure being undertaken.
- Growing your hair: In case you have shorter hair, you may consider growing it longer to hide any scars from the brow lift surgery.
- Caregiver services: The surgeon may recommend that you have someone to look after you right after your surgery as well as the next two days post-procedure. A patient shouldn’t rely on themselves after a surgery completely. This is called contingency planning. A patient should have someone on standby or around just in case they need help doing basic things after the surgery. Everyone’s body is different. No one should be completely on their own without at least checking into to someone else after the surgery.
- Arranging for basic items at home: It is a prudent idea to get prescriptions filled before the surgery as well as create a separate recovery area. This area should offer you convenient access to food, fluids, reading and entertainment materials, and pillows to keep your head elevated. On top of this, ensure that you arrange for ice packs or bags of frozen vegetables to reduce inflammation after the procedure.
What can I expect on the day of surgery?
A brow lift can be carried out at a surgical suite, a hospital, or a surgical center. The time taken for the procedure will be around one to two hours preparing-brow-lift-plastic-surgery.
You can expect the following during the procedure:
- Anesthesia: To aid the patient’s comfort during the procedure, medications are administered. Local anesthesia with sedation is most frequently used for brow lift surgery. However, sometimes general anesthesia can also be used.
- Vital signs: To ensure that you are safe during the procedure, different monitors will be used to check your blood pressure, heart, pulse, and oxygen levels.
Other Preparatory Tips
- Wear loose fitting or comfortable clothes to the surgery center. Choose a top with front buttons for easy wearing after the surgery.
- Arrange for transportation to return home safely after the surgery is completed.
- Apply for at least one week’s leave from the workplace well in advance. Choose a stress-free period to have your brow lift surgery performed.
- If the brow lift is to be performed using general anesthesia, do not eat or drink anything for about eight hours before the scheduled time of surgery.
Profound and cordial cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie MD receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas in The Golden State for brow lift surgery.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: