Preparing for Rhinoplasty SurgeryApril 17, 2017
Detailed preparation is a pre-requisite to a successful cosmetic surgery procedure such as rhinoplasty. Preparation works in the patient’s favor, makes them more confident about the procedure, makes the recovery easier, and helps to reduce the risks of surgery.
Dr. Gary Motykie MD is a board certified plastic surgeon providing rhinoplasty to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities across the horizon. Dr. Motykie will provide instructions for preparation at the time of initial consultation for nose surgery.
Before the Consultation
The patient can take a few preparatory steps even before the scheduled consultation to save time. These steps may include:
- Arranged the previous health records from the physician and specialists to be sent over to the surgeon’s office. This will give time to the surgeon to review the records and learn about any underlying health issues, breathing concerns, sinus or allergies.
- Contact the insurance company to check if the costs of rhinoplasty may be fully or partially covered by insurance under specific conditions.
- Arrange the appropriate insurance documents to carry to the surgeon’s office at the time of initial consultation.
- Note down all the prescription and non-prescription medications, including herbal supplements and vitamins that the patient may be currently taking.
- Visit the surgeon’s official website to learn about their practice and rhinoplasty procedure for a more productive consultation.
- Prepare a list of questions that the patient wants to ask from the surgeon, and carry this list along to the surgeon’s office for the consultation.
The surgeon will determine the patient’s suitability as a candidate for rhinoplasty. Based on the patient’s facial anatomy, nose size and shape, skin quality and thickness, and unique cosmetic goals, the surgeon will create a customized nose surgery plan. The surgeon may also present rhinoplasty before and after photos before the patient to help them develop realistic expectations.
Once the surgeon clears the patient for rhinoplasty, and the patient has made a final decision, the process of insurance or a financial loan application may also be initiated well in advance. Experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie MD receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for rhinoplasty.
Before the Surgery
Rhinoplasty is usually performed as an outpatient procedure. The patient should arrange for someone responsible to drive them back home after the surgery. They may also preferable arrange for aftercare for a few days to have a more comfortable initial recovery. Working people may apply for leave for about one week from their workplace to allow adequate time for recovery.
As part of the advance preparations, the patient should quit smoking for at least a few weeks prior to the nose surgery. Some of the currently used medications and supplements may have to be stopped or their schedules may have to be altered in consultation with the prescribing physician.
The patient should stay sufficiently hydrated and start taking a nutritious, balanced diet well before the surgery, and continue the habit during recovery and beyond. Intake of lean proteins should be increased during recovery.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: