Questions to Ask Your Brow Lift Plastic SurgeonAugust 8, 2018
A dedicated brow lift cosmetic surgeon will share information on their background, experience, safety record, and outcomes with the patient in a transparent manner. The surgeon and their staff should ensure that the patient feels relaxed and comfortable, and try to address the patient’s concerns and questions to their full satisfaction.
Kind and board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie MD provides brow lift surgery to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding communities and towns in this area of America.
Desirable Qualities in a Brow Lift Surgeon
An ideal brow lift plastic surgeon should have the following qualities:
- Transparent, professional, and easy to communicate with
- Passionate about making a difference in patients’ lives through plastic surgery
- Understanding of your desires, goals, hopes, and facial structure
- Emphasizes on artistic sensibilities with a sense of form, beauty, proportion, and a natural appearance
- Able to showcase pre and post-surgery images of previous patients
- Focused on placing surgical incisions in discrete areas
Potential patients should ask a brow lift plastic surgeon the following questions:
Questions on the Surgeon’s Background
- Are you a board-certified cosmetic surgeon, and if yes, which board has certified you (though much of this information is on the website someone can ask about these salient points)?
- Are you affiliated with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Where did you go to medical school and for residency training (perhaps a check to see if Dr. Motykie has a LinkedIn account – this could be appropriate too)?
- What is the total number of years of training and experience that you have in the field of plastic surgery?
- What would you consider as a desirable outcome in a brow lift surgery?
- Do you have staff privileges at a local hospital or a surgical center?
- Where will you perform the surgical procedure, and is the facility accredited?
Questions on the Brow Lift Surgery
- Am I a suitable candidate for a brow lift procedure?
- What are your recommendations regarding the surgical techniques for my brow lift?
- May I talk to a staff member at your office or take a short office tour?
- How many facial surgeries as well as other cosmetic surgeries do you undertake in a year?
- What will be the approximate time taken for my brow lift surgery?
- What type of anesthesia will be used?
- Who will administer the anesthesia?
- What will be the recovery duration following the surgery?
- Who will oversee my post-op care?
- What types of risks are inherent to a brow lift surgery?
- What is the rate of occurrence of complications in this procedure?
- Will I need post-op medication? If yes, what type of drugs?
- What comprises “optimal results?” What kind of results can I anticipate according to my age, lifestyle, and facial anatomy?
- Will I need to take time off from work to recover from this procedure?
- What is the longevity of the outcome of a brow lift?
- What are the variables that may impact the results of the procedure in the long-run?
- If the outcomes of the brow lift are not according to the pre-determined criteria, will you offer revision surgery? If yes, will I need to pay for it again?
Questions on the Cost
- What are the estimated costs of a brow lift surgery at your practice?
- Are the anesthesiologist’s fee and surgical venue expenses included in the cost estimate?
- What costs will I incur for post-op expenses such as prescription meds and medical tests?
Proven cosmetic surgeon Dr. Gary Motykie MD receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and nearby areas for a brow lift.
To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit: