MotykieMedSpa.com The Healing Curve | Dr. Motykie

Dedicated to
All Aspects of Facial Surgery

Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men

Posted on by admin

Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men Beverly Hills | Los AngelesThe field of plastic surgery has undergone a sea change over the last two decades. Physically transformative plastic surgery procedures are no longer the exclusive domain of film stars and models. Each year now millions of invasive and non-invasive cosmetic procedures are performed in the US with successful outcomes.

The procedures have not only become safer and more efficient, but also more accessible and affordable for the general population. Dr. Gary Motykie MD is a board certified plastic surgeon providing cutting edge procedures for the breast, body, and face to patients in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and surrounding locations.

 

Surging Popularity

The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) in its latest multi-specialty statistical report stated that the total amount spent by Americans in 2016 on cosmetic procedures was in excess of $15 billion. This represents a year on year growth of 11 percent over 2015.

Out of the total number of procedures, nearly 56 percent involved cosmetic surgery, while the remaining 44 percent were non-surgical treatments. This figure of $15 billion stands out as the largest amount ever spent by Americans in one year on such procedures ever since ASAPS began its Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank Statistics survey about 20 years ago.

ASAPS has also highlighted new trends in plastic surgery, which show that patients now increasingly seek more refined aesthetic procedures. For instance, a number of women now prefer fat transfer breast augmentation over traditional breast implants to increase breast size. Breast lift is also now a preferable procedure for many women compared to breast implant surgery.

However, the trends do not indicate that the demand for traditional breast augmentation has abated. More women are still seeking breast implant surgery, and the demand is driven by new implant qualities. Procedures that were once viewed as niche, such as vaginoplasty, are now becoming mainstream. Men’s procedures are also growing year after year.

 

Top Five Procedures

The top five plastic surgery procedures in 2016, as per the ASAPS data, for both women and men combined, include:

  • Liposuction – 414,335 procedures
  • Breast Augmentation – 310,444 procedures
  • Tummy Tuck – 181,540 procedures
  • Eyelid Surgery – 173,883 procedures
  • Breast Lift – 161,412 procedures

 

Liposuction

Liposuction surgery is the most popular plastic surgery procedure now because innovative techniques have made this body contouring surgery less invasive and more effective.

 

Breast Augmentation

Demand remains high for both traditional breast implant surgery and fat transfer breast augmentation. The FDA has also given its approval for ultra-cohesive breast implants, which deliver greater aesthetic value to the patients.

 

Tummy Tuck

Excess fat tissue and loose skin the abdominal area can be corrected with tummy tuck surgery or abdominoplasty. This procedure may be performed as part of a mommy makeover or as an independent surgery.

 

Eyelid Surgery

Upper or lower eyelid surgery or both can be performed to dramatically improve the eyelid appearance and create a youthful upper face.

 

Breast Lift

Breast lift is designed to firm up sagging breasts and reposition downward pointing nipples. The remarkable and poignant Dr. Gary Motykie MD receives patients from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, and other suburbs and towns in this part of The Golden State.

Click here for Virtual Consultation

Top Plastic Surgery Procedures for Women and Men Beverly Hills | Los Angeles

To see more services and treatments provided by Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Motykie in Beverly Hills | Los Angeles and his team please visit:

This entry was posted in Face Lift Beverly Hills. Bookmark the permalink.
Face Lift of Beverly Hills